Monday, April 20, 2009

Hello

So I came up with a name, Raksha, it means "mother wolf", I think it suits me. Anyways cubs is a lot of fun and I'm really looking forward to getting to know the boys better. I got my haircut today and it is probably shorter than I should have done but my hair grows fast. My brother got married on the 4th of April, FINALLY!!!!! It was a good day and I was the MC for their reception and it was tons of fun! My sister in law, Jackie, took their pictures and did a great job as well as some family photos with all of us and they turned out really well. She has a website if anyone wants to check it out, www.standoutphotography.ca. She is planning on doing it as a part time job and if i do say so myself she is getting pretty good. she is going to take some pictures of our baby when he's born as a gift to us. What more could you ask for, pictures taken by a professional in training for free, awesome!! This Easter holiday was nice, the kids had friends over and sleepovers and we just hung out a relaxed. I must say though having them back in school is also very pleasant!!! Kiarra said she was so excited to get to school this morning that she was up and dressed and wide awake at 7am. I had to tell her to go downstairs and watch some morning cartoons so she wouldn't wake anyone else. 7am is not the time to be making your lunch when your bus doesn't come until 8:30!!! Bless her heart though she is a great girl. This next week is education week and it's going to be wild. With a family BBQ, muffins and me, a spring concert, PTA and a read in at Griffin on Thursday until 7pm the whole family will be hopping. Also I think soccer must be about ready to get started sometime soon. I volunteered to coach but haven't heard anything yet so who knows. Time flies when your busy and I love it. Work has been really slow for Kendon but he has taken on a temporary job at a fertilizer plant to keep us a float until Flint gets up and moving again. I can always depend on him and that puts one part of my mind at ease. My whole mind can't always be at ease but at least a part of it can be!!! See you guys later!!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

A read in!!! Those are some of my best childhood memories! I hope that she has a good time. It's good to hear about you and your family. Sounds like you are keeping yourself busy busy!

Stephanie said...

Stinking read-in had to be on a Thursday.. Sebastian was disappointed but - cubs will be so much more fun right?!?!
Btw LOVE that you are in cubs with me.. you are the perfect addition Raksha!!!

Randa said...

busy busy busy! congrats on your bro getting married =). I dont think i am nearly entertaining enough to ever be an MC. Obviously you are wayyy more fun!

Kathy T. said...

You know, you amaze me! Mrs. Pregnant Lady who can do it all! I'm tired already just thinking about Ed Week.... congrats on Kendon's new job. I hope he likes it.

The boys are so lucky to have you in there - Kudos to you!

Joanne said...

phew..... what a busy lady you are but you are fabulous and will accomplish everything awesomely! hey I did notice something was different with your hair- CUTE.