Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas and all that!!

Okay so you know you are obsessive about something when your 6 year old son sees a picture of Edward Cullen and says, " ohhh, twilight!! ". I just killed myself laughing. So I have just finished reading the twilight saga for the third time this year (obsess much!!!) and I love it as much now as I did then!!! To quote Kathy, " I have to give the books back because I can't dream about vampires anymore!". So the books go on the shelf and I am picking up the new Karen Kingsbury book lent to me from Joanne, so out of sight, out of mind (not to far of course!). So Christmas is only seven days away, How did that happen! I have got all the presents bought and all the stocking stuff, so bring it on!!!! Despite the cold weather I am really loving the snow, a white Christmas after all, Ho Ho Ho!!! To be completely ready all I need to do is the wrapping!

I really wish that my little almost two year old would talk!!! She looks at you and babbles on and on but if she needs something all she does is grunt and shriek at the top of her lungs, so annoying!!!!! Talk already!!! Nyles doesn't help matters either; if she drops something, even if it is right in front of her all she does is bend over and grunt until he comes running and grabs it for her! Boy does she know how to work the system or what!!! That doesn't fly with me, i just look at her and say, "well pick it up!" As you can guess she loves Nyles best at the moment!!

We watched Kiarra's Christmas concert yesterday at Griffin park and it was awesome!! The kids all sang loud and clear and the kids who did the acting were great. They were all so happy to be there and the theme was great. It was about a miracle for a postman and they sang songs about the Savior, one titled, "Jesus is the reason for the season!" It was wonderful and the children sang so well, I cried and got teared up a few times. I love that the school was not afraid to do a concert about the real reason for this season, hats off to all the teachers and students and principal at the school!!!! Loved it!!! I forgot my camera at home at home (mom of the year award!) So if anyone took some good pictures (Kathy), like one of all the kids at the end of the program, I would love to get a copy!!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Every time you guys talk about Twilight a small seed is planted... one day I too shall read...... one day.
We missed you last night - so good thing the concert WAS a success!! They are adorable little nuggets. I love that little Kiarra, she warms my heart!

~I said...

You read ALL the books three times? How do you find the time? Did you like the movie? Good for you being all ready for Christmas! Let the holidays begin! I want to meet your little one. She sounds cute (and smart!) lol

Kimara said...

Nancy, I so missed the griffen concert tis year. I am so proud of them. The school is so good! Just wait until jr high! London said she didn't have the Christmas spirit this year as she missed all the fun stuff griffen does. They didn't do one thing in Jr high not even PJ day or Christmas hat day ect... Well I have joined the blogging world you will have to check it out. I love yours!